Monday, July 23, 2007

San Diego Favorites

I'm not much of a "best ever!" person, but I definitely can be coaxed into making a favorites list. I have had a great time in San Diego, which will soon be over. So, from both this visit and previous ones...

Point Loma Seafood
My younger younger brother showed me this one. Unfortunately when we went, it was closed. But this place has the best seafood sandwiches and platters. They fry all the fish though, so it's not J's favorite place but yum! It is so good. The last two times I've been, I've gotten the Alaskan Haddock sandwich. So, so good.

Bogart Yogurt
J's stepsister brought us here. The first time I went, I got something chocolate/coffee-ish. But it was instant love when I looked at J's choice. A berry flavor mixed in with vanilla. I've gotten that combo a few times since and it is so good.

Extraordinary Desserts
I haven't been back this visit but the cakes are so elaborate and delicious. They look like works of art. One time, one of the bakers almost dropped one while transferring it to the display case. We both looked at each other thinking that she was extremely lucky. It could have ended badly. The slices, BTW, are impossible to finish and always decorated with a delicious complimentary (in flavor) sauce swirl.

Surfside Sushi
Half-price roll night, HALF-PRICE ROLL NIGHT!! Oh crunchy roll, I love you. Your questionable deliciousness as a plain roll (imitation crab, say what?) is wiped away in an avalanche of crunchy goodness in the form of fried tempura batter covered in special sauce. Oh, crunchy roll, I whisper sweet nothings to you.

The Mission
The Rosemary Mission egg platter and strawberry-banana pancakes are delicious. Another place I haven't been to this visit, but oh so tasty.

Torrey Pines
What, no more food? Torrey Pines is gorgeous. I've run the trails there a few times and the views are gorgeous and the windswept sand cliff are at once sturdy and precarious.

Coronado Beach
It's a hike to the water, but a beach not under imminent erosion threat and with beautiful sand holds a place in my heart. It's also where I devoured most of the Harry Potter book. I know how it all ends!

Cabrillo National Monument
J and I went here last time we were here. It has a seemingly infinite view with rock and sand cliffs. It is so gorgeous and untamed I loved being there. To top it off, we saw a school of dolphins right off the coast. Ridiculously postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment