Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tra-la-la!!!

So, April's come and almost gone. I'm now the oldest! I've! ever! been! after having a lovely birthday. I think it's pretty freaky to have my 20s almost behind me. Yikes! Although I like to think of myself as an adult, I've still retained the little kid notion of, "What? I could never be that old. That stuff is for other people."

But, I'm glad I'm here. I'm having the best time and completely loving life so if getting older comes along with that (and in fact, deepens my appreciation for how awesome life is) well, then, so be it.

I had an amazing time on vacation and then came back to...work. And it stunk. I barely operated this month since I was the juniorest junior on the blue team. There were four residents. Insanity. So I got to do a lot of scut work and got to watch others operate which is a little old since I've been doing that since I was a med student.

I also had a fair number of visitors this month. An awesome friend of mine from internship is coming to the hospital in July to start her cardiology fellowship. I hung out with her and her fiance one night and had the best time. I can't wait for her to come to San Diego, hooray!

Then the ship's surgeon came in last weekend for a conference. I saw her and her boyfriend. And their little dog, too! Pumpkin was very sweet and tres cute.

Three more days until I start my research months. Hooray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment