Thursday, March 27, 2014

Holy Smokes!

So, one of my staff said that I would talk as if I were from the 1950s.  Now, this confused me because I think I curse like a modern-day sailor but what I suspect is that my Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden books from my childhood influenced the words I say when I want to swear but feel like I can't/shouldn't.

So…

Holy Smokes, I found such a delicious recipe!  It's chocolate chili and it is so amazing.  I thought I wasn't hungry tonight and I ate a bowl and a half while it was simmering.  Well, it was simmering until it was almost burning but then I added water and saved the day!  Oh my gosh, it is so savory and delicious.  I will definitely eat every last bite before I'm off to the US.  I don't have a picture because even the professional-ish picture from the cooking blog makes it look like dog food.  But it's delicious dog food!

Pretty much same old, same old.  I'm day-dreaming of the awesome reading binge I'm going to go on after the boards.  I'll finally go to the Hospital Ladies book club.  I'll play park golf with my friends and restart the Lonely Hearts supper club. [<--Two of my friends are also in the coupled-off-but-significant-other-not here demographic so we were having dinner together once a week.  Well, it happened twice.  But it was a good idea and we're going to revive it, yeah!]

I also have some pretty challenging/rewarding cases in April and the month is going to end with a week of leave so I can travel with my AWESOME PARENTS!!!!  I am so excited and the envy of all my friends.  My parents are the coolest and you can't have them because they're mine!  (And Ed's, Brady's and Joe's- I can share a little bit:)

Oh, and books I want to read follow.  Share if you have any thoughts! [I can hear my Dad, "Where are the Classics?!?!?"]

Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. by Adelle Waldman
The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells by Andrew Sean Greer

1 comment: