Friday, March 22, 2013

Slow fizzle...

I'm having the nicest Friday evening after a week that started off packed with evening events but slowly whittled down to a nice, mellow Friday night unwind.  Not that I'm complaining- this week was great but I'm slowly feeling a little burned out from too little sleep, too much activity and still having a TTD list that I can't ever complete.  This very mild ennui is mainly due to lack of sleep and hydration, which I'm trying to remedy.  Lots of water today, no coffee and upping my sleep although still measly at 6.5 hours.  But I will do better.  Sleep is vital.  And lack of sleep is associated with weight gain, which I've unfortunately also noticed that last few weeks.

Whah, whah, whah.  Woe is me!  Let me tell you about the fun parts of my week!  Monday night, I went out with some friends to the Imagine Dragons concert at House of Blues.  It was an awesome show!  There was a ton of energy and I really liked the slightly harder rock style they played, although they too have several songs with the "California Calypso" rhythm that I hear in so many songs (songs that I like, don't get me wrong!).  My favorite song was "On Top of the World" and "Radioactive."

Before the show, Jenny, Colleen, Brooke and I went to Sea Rocket Bistro.  I had the yellowtail with curried cauliflower puree, sauteed cauliflower and kale, which was delicious.  I love veggies done right!  The company was great as was the food, although the service was pret-TY slow.  Afterwards, we picked up Tawnne and off to the show we went!

On Tuesday, I went climbing with a guy that I linked up with through the Facebook running group I'm a part of.  Unfortunately, it was a bit of a bust since he hadn't been climbing in awhile and didn't pass the belay test at the gym so I was partner-less.  I ran into one of SMS' friends Debora and got a few belays off her so all was not lost.

Wednesday, SMS and I went to Happy Sushi (fair) and then went climbing which was a lot of fun.  I feel like I'm slowly getting better but my initial quick pick-up has slowed a little bit.  But I'm working on my strength and endurance and I'll get there!

Thursday, I went out to dinner with Cat and Brooke at 100 Wines, which was so much fun since I hadn't seen Cat in forever.  We took full advantage of the happy hour menu cheaper eats and got a delicious melted Brie, lamb meatballs, caramelized cauliflower and a marinara pizza.  It was so much fun to try different things off the menu and the conversation was great.  We were there for two hours!

Tonight, I was supposed to go to a Williams alumni event but I took a pass.  I did some sprints this afternoon after finishing all of my online training and now I'm catching up on the blog before I finish cleaning up my room.  I started cleaning at 430 this a.m. since I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.  I'm going to see SMS and his friends this weekend.  We're going to go to Sea World which HOLY CRAP is so expensive.  I get in for free but I definitely had some sticker shock when I bought the tickets, even at the military discount rate.  I could go skiing for that price!  Anyway, time to stop sounding like a cheap old lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment