Thursday, July 25, 2013

Countdown...

There is no exclamation point after the title.  I am conflicted about my countdowns.  I have an app on my phone called T-0.  Let's take a look at the countdowns and count ups.

Countdowns: 14 days until the end of residency, 64 days until the written boards.  [Not included is countdown until I leave the country, which is too sad to include but take the end of residency and add 15 days.]

Count Up: 46 days married (woot!)

So, I'm sad about leaving SMS and I am starting to freak out about the boards.  I am studying but I am about to start going into high gear.  The problem is thinking about other work projects that need to get done and the time it takes away from studying.  Funny enough, writing blog posts and our upcoming vacations don't stress me out nearly as much!

I've gotten more consistent with working out again, which is good because I was in danger of losing my running fitness.  I'm definitely a little slower right now but I'll start doing some interval work after I get to Japan.  Right now, I'm running 3-5 miles 2-3x week, Pilates 3 times a week and swimming 1-2 x week.
Picnic fixings and the Globe Theater, Instagram'd

This week's highlights include a picnic in the Balboa Park and listening to a Twilight Concert at Sprekels Organ Pavilion prior to seeing Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at the Globe Theater.  The picnic was amazing!  Date and prosciuto-stuffed meatballs, berries, heirloom tomatoes, gorgonzola and manchego cheese and onion flatbread.   The play was great- very rapid-fire with a third act particularly notable for existential angst.  Thank goodness for the traveling troubadour character.  He lightened the mood.  This was a belated birthday present from Jenny!  SMS and I also went to brunch with her earlier that day at the Great Maple.  Yesterday, Stacy and I had lunch at Whole Foods and it was nice to hang out with her solo.

This weekend, we may go climb at Big Bear.  I also have a book club picnic on Sunday and Stacy's birthday dinner in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment